The Official EXODUS Forum

THE BONDED BY BLOOD CULT
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Rob's Vox in Blood In, Blood Out!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:32 am 
Impaler

It was neat to hear the 4 tracks that I did but I won't listen to them again. The vocals just sound uninspired to me. At first I thought it was the mix but I ran through them a second time and I just get a half assed vibe. Nothing like the ferocious delivery on the other albums and I loved 3 of the 4 he sang on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:04 am 
Toxic Waltz

ColtIce wrote:
It was neat to hear the 4 tracks that I did but I won't listen to them again. The vocals just sound uninspired to me. At first I thought it was the mix but I ran through them a second time and I just get a half assed vibe. Nothing like the ferocious delivery on the other albums and I loved 3 of the 4 he sang on.

I totally agree, he's just missing something that was there on the old albums. I can totally see what they meant when they said he didn't sound interested.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:00 pm 
Whipping Queen

Mr.Miyagi wrote:
That's lame as fuck. Say what you want about Zetro, at least he never recorded his version of SHKM.

As good as a vocalist that Zetro is, I don't think he would have been able to create a strong, hateful performance as Rob did on SHKM.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:33 pm 
A.W.O.L.

The Dukes in, Dukes out demos are good but now that I've listened to them a few times, I think BIBO just fits Zetro better.

This is the second time Zetro replaced the exodus singer - first Paul after he did the POTF demos (Paul WAS horrible), now the BIBO demos (Rob pulled it off well enough)

I don't think Rob's vox were so bad that he deserved to be kicked out of the band. He could have done a few retakes and everything would have came out fine. There is more to this story than we know. The band turned their back on Rob and he claims to have no idea why.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:56 am 
Impaler

SHKM wrote:
The Dukes in, Dukes out demos are good but now that I've listened to them a few times, I think BIBO just fits Zetro better.

This is the second time Zetro replaced the exodus singer - first Paul after he did the POTF demos (Paul WAS horrible), now the BIBO demos (Rob pulled it off well enough)

I don't think Rob's vox were so bad that he deserved to be kicked out of the band. He could have done a few retakes and everything would have came out fine. There is more to this story than we know. The band turned their back on Rob and he claims to have no idea why.

Makes you wonder if He did a bunch of retakes and this was the best of the lot. They sound like demo take vocals to me, like he was doing a walk through or something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:21 am 
.44 Magnum Opus

ED24 wrote:
Mr.Miyagi wrote:
That's lame as fuck. Say what you want about Zetro, at least he never recorded his version of SHKM.

As good as a vocalist that Zetro is, I don't think he would have been able to create a strong, hateful performance as Rob did on SHKM.

I wasn't talking about the vocal performance, Rob actually did a good job on some of them.
I just think it's not right to edit the vocal track together with the music and present it as a rough studio outtake or something,
just to have it compete with the real album.
It would have been less deceitful if he just released his vocal track and let the fans edit it together with the music.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:48 am 
Fabulous Disaster
 WWW  Profile

I'd be embarrassed to have uploaded that crap. As for making a point. I doubt there was one at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:51 am 
Whipping Queen

SHKM wrote:

Rob never deserved to be kicked out of the band in the first place!

When he unfriended me on FB, he told me himself that he didn't want to be reminded of the band any longer and wanted to distance himself as much as he could. And I thought "That's disappointing, but at least he came to me as a man and explained his decision to do so."

I won't go into further detail on what else he said, but trust me when I tell you, he didn't like what was happening to him and his feelings towards the band are not good.

It disgusts me to even think about it. Here's a guy who was given a shot, grabbed the bull by the horns, lit a fire under Gary and the band's ass, worked VERY HARD for nine years, and this is the thanks he gets? With a 20-second phone call one of the members of the band saying "We are moving on with another singer?" It's disrespectful! And very, VERY sad. I'll always say this and believe it - no matter how good Paul or Zetro are or were with their singing or their personalities on stage, Rob was and is still the best man capable of the job.

It's just sad that Gary, Lee, Tom, and Jack turned a blind eye on him and kicked him out. I don't care what the reasons are..."Rob was bored", etc etc. Such bullshit...there's more to the story than we know, I understand that. But it's just pathetic that the band would stoop this low and kick out a man that worked very hard for the job he fought and earned. Just a sad case all around. It's my hope someday that Rob will least jam with them again on stage at some point in the future and that they can bury the hatchet and move on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:02 pm 
the administrator

^^^^^^^^
There are three sides to every story. None of us were there, and none of us will ever know what really happened.

Being in a band is like being in a relationship, a team, and a business all rolled up into one. Band members often spend more time with other band members than their significant others. Relationships often fail. A team is a competitive environment. If a team decides they're better off replacing a player, no matter how valuable it is, its going to happen. That player will be let go. Your favorite player might be on another team before you know it. A business will replace any worker they feel isn't meeting their needs. They do this in order to survive. The other workers in the business are there to make money. If there is a threat to their money, then they're going to react. Loyalty doesn't exist.

You have to remove your emotion from what has happened with the band and look at it from an unbiased viewpoint. I don't take sides in this. I like all of them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:10 pm 
A.W.O.L.

Right after Exodus hired Chuck Billy's management company, Zet was back. and we all know that Zet and CB are best friends. Too fucking coincidental. It had a LOT to do with it, no doubt in my mind. and remember prior to that Gary PRAISED Rob and pretty much HATED Zet.
Then Chuck Billy enters the picture and Gary kick Rob out and LOVES Zet. Now Exodus is on their second tour with Testament in the past year. I smell Bullshit!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:50 pm 
A Lesson In Violence

dude if you were managing a client of yours, it's your job to act in their best interest right? they PAY you to help them make good decisions. so why would you advise them to record an album with a singer and THEN kick him out so you'd have to spend all that extra time and/or money (
time equals money man!) to just re do it all over? that's ground for getting fired because that's some pretty shitty management. chuck billy had nothing to do with it. after starting his own thing with generation kill rob prob just wasn't happy not having as much control over shit as he liked and got bored. prob didnt even admit e didn't want to be there - who knows I'm purely speculation g. sometimes relationships just don't work out in the long run man. it blows but that's an absolute fact of life. can you say that every relationship you had ( friendship/romantic/professional) has lasted forever? of course not something shit just dot work. hell always be my fav exodus singer but in happy with where bands at now. prob best to leave it at that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:48 am 
A.W.O.L.

LAH I agree with everything you say. I think everyone in the band wanted Zet back except Gary. But Gary had to give in because he's been off making the big bucks with Slayer. If he would have said no way to Zet coming back, that would have created friction between him and the rest of the band.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:52 am 
A.W.O.L.

ED24 wrote:
SHKM wrote:

Rob never deserved to be kicked out of the band in the first place!

When he unfriended me on FB, he told me himself that he didn't want to be reminded of the band any longer and wanted to distance himself as much as he could. And I thought "That's disappointing, but at least he came to me as a man and explained his decision to do so."

I won't go into further detail on what else he said, but trust me when I tell you, he didn't like what was happening to him and his feelings towards the band are not good.

It disgusts me to even think about it. Here's a guy who was given a shot, grabbed the bull by the horns, lit a fire under Gary and the band's ass, worked VERY HARD for nine years, and this is the thanks he gets? With a 20-second phone call one of the members of the band saying "We are moving on with another singer?" It's disrespectful! And very, VERY sad. I'll always say this and believe it - no matter how good Paul or Zetro are or were with their singing or their personalities on stage, Rob was and is still the best man capable of the job.

It's just sad that Gary, Lee, Tom, and Jack turned a blind eye on him and kicked him out. I don't care what the reasons are..."Rob was bored", etc etc. Such bullshit...there's more to the story than we know, I understand that. But it's just pathetic that the band would stoop this low and kick out a man that worked very hard for the job he fought and earned. Just a sad case all around. It's my hope someday that Rob will least jam with them again on stage at some point in the future and that they can bury the hatchet and move on.

They did the same thing to Paul Baloff back in 87. He recorded the demos for POTF, then replaced him with Zet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:20 am 
A Lesson In Violence

not true bro. according to zet and Gary , Gary was te biggest cheerleader for inviting steve back

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:12 pm 
A.W.O.L.

Lethal American Hate wrote:
not true bro. according to zet and Gary , Gary was te biggest cheerleader for inviting steve back

Maybe that's true, but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:57 am 
A Lesson In Violence

I know we are hard-core fans, but can we just let this "topic" go? pleease :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:00 am 
A.W.O.L.

What shall we talk about? ISIS camel fuckers and the holy Islamic devours of goat penis?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:49 am 
.44 Magnum Opus

SHKM wrote:
What shall we talk about? ISIS camel fuckers and the holy Islamic devours of goat penis?

You just gave Lee like 20 new song ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:36 pm 
A Lesson In Violence

SHKM wrote:

That sounds interesting...let´s give it a chance! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:51 am 
the administrator

Post deleted. Let's stay on topic and not post nonsense in this thread. This is the band forum.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:04 pm 
the Gary

You didn't delete the goat penis bit did you! It was hilarious! Everyone will speculate what happened and what didn't, but no, Chuck didn't get Zet back and when we made the choice to part ways, we talked about a LOT of singers. Zetro auditioned, he killed it, he wanted that shit bad and took it. And at 50 years old I was not wanting to search for a new guy. So in that manner, I was way glad Steve killed it, cause who knows how many more years we can go? I refuse to fade away as a non head banging old guy! It's all the way or no way!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:05 pm 
A.W.O.L.

Basic Username wrote:
Post deleted. Let's stay on topic and not post nonsense in this thread. This is the band forum.

When you delete a post of mine, it's mission accomplished! Thanks! :D

Anyway, I'd like to hang a Holy Islamic devour of goat penis until his head pops off.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:33 pm 
A Lesson In Violence

SHKM wrote:
Basic Username wrote:

When you delete a post of mine, it's mission accomplished! Thanks! :D

Anyway, I'd like to hang a Holy Islamic devour of goat penis until his head pops off.

Omg 8) show a little respect to his person, he´s doing a good job by blocking threats like you are and I :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:04 pm 
Whipping Queen

Basic Username wrote:
^^^^^^^^
There are three sides to every story. None of us were there, and none of us will ever know what really happened.

Being in a band is like being in a relationship, a team, and a business all rolled up into one. Band members often spend more time with other band members than their significant others. Relationships often fail. A team is a competitive environment. If a team decides they're better off replacing a player, no matter how valuable it is, its going to happen. That player will be let go. Your favorite player might be on another team before you know it. A business will replace any worker they feel isn't meeting their needs. They do this in order to survive. The other workers in the business are there to make money. If there is a threat to their money, then they're going to react. Loyalty doesn't exist.

You have to remove your emotion from what has happened with the band and look at it from an unbiased viewpoint. I don't take sides in this. I like all of them.

It's very hard to, especially when you are a huge fan of the band.

Also, I want you to keep in mind something - I love all three singers too. Like I said, it was Zetro's voice on Tempo that's part of the reason why I got into Exodus. It's a fantastic record. But in my head, Rob is that guy. He'll always be the guy. Also, as I acknowledged, there is more to the story than I know, but from what I'm seeing, it's all I can form an opinion out of.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:23 pm 
Whipping Queen

SHKM wrote:

They did the same thing to Paul Baloff back in 87. He recorded the demos for POTF, then replaced him with Zet.

Really? I never heard of those demos before. In any case, I will say that Paul wasn't the best singer out there. At the same time though, it's hard to say that because he only sang for one studio album with Exodus, as far as I know. I don't think he was a guest or a singer for any other band, to the best of my knowledge anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:17 am 
Toxic Waltz

ED24 wrote:
SHKM wrote:

Really? I never heard of those demos before. In any case, I will say that Paul wasn't the best singer out there. At the same time though, it's hard to say that because he only sang for one studio album with Exodus, as far as I know. I don't think he was a guest or a singer for any other band, to the best of my knowledge anyway.

Yeah, he couldn't learn the songs fast enough so they booted him. He did the Piranha thing that never took off, and he did a brief stint in Heathen and made one demo with them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:21 am 
A.W.O.L.

ED24 wrote:
SHKM wrote:

You can find them on youtube. They are cool to listen to.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:21 pm 
Warlord

SHKM wrote:
ED24 wrote:
SHKM wrote:

You can find them on youtube. They are cool to listen to.

I got those on the CD "Bonded by Baloff", I think he did a great job on those.. I'd prefer to have Baloff singing on POTF.. Zetro was the man for FD though..