The Official EXODUS Forum

THE BONDED BY BLOOD CULT
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: SLAYER Recruits EXODUS Guitarist GARY HOLT For Upcoming Tour
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:36 am 
the administrator

Quote:
I expect a big announcement from Slayer that Gary is a permanent member and also from Gary that he will be stepping aside/leaving Exodus so that the rest of the band can continue to record, tour and make a living.

This subject has been brought up before on the board. if I'm not mistaken, Gary said Exodus was his "baby" and that the band would continue. Gary is the only member that has been on every album. He is responsible for the majority of the music and he is the mouthpiece behind the band. An Exodus without Gary would not have as much draw, especially here in the Bay Area. If I want to hear an Exodus cover song, I can hear it from numerous Bay Area bands. If Exodus can survive all the other things that have happened over the years they can continue to survive this.

Zetro left Hatriot to concentrate on Exodus. But Hatriot hasn't been around as long as Exodus and certainly doesn't anywhere near the draw to begin with.

IMHO, Exodus will continue. It will just be a lower priority than Slayer. Lee is in Heathen as well as Exodus. Heathen is a lower priority than Exodus, and I haven't heard anything about that band breaking up. Hey Lee, if you're reading this, Heathen hasn't played here since October 2013..hint hint. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:14 pm 
A.W.O.L.

Well, if Slayer goes on an extended touring cycle in support of Repentless, the rest of the members of Exodus better find day jobs. Is that really fair to them? I don't know Gary, but he doesn't seem like he would let that happen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:49 am 
the administrator

SHKM wrote:
Well, if Slayer goes on an extended touring cycle in support of Repentless, the rest of the members of Exodus better find day jobs. Is that really fair to them? I don't know Gary, but he doesn't seem like he would let that happen.

Most of them, and similar bands do have day jobs. No one at that level is getting rich.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:53 am 
A Lesson In Violence

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c332223oass[/youtube]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:47 am 
A.W.O.L.

killer queen wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c332223oass[/youtube]

Good interview. We can see Gary little by little is letting go of his baby. It's cool to see that what he created can go on without him. Like a proud papa.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:41 am 
A Lesson In Violence

Oh c´mon buddy, don´t write this pathetic bullshit please :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:16 am 
A.W.O.L.

killer queen wrote:
Oh c´mon buddy, don´t write this pathetic bullshit please :roll:

Killer Queer - You don't want to hear the truth, because before Exodus came along, you were the most "sexually ambiguous" fan to infest this site. Go back to the mountains of Pakistan and hook up with your former boy band, New Direction. You can serenade them with the skin flute.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:35 am 
the administrator

SHKM wrote:
killer queen wrote:

Good interview. We can see Gary little by little is letting go of his baby. It's cool to see that what he created can go on without him. Like a proud papa.

Is that what you see in this interview? I see Bart Simpson riding a skateboard. That makes about as much sense as Exodus continuing without Gary. It's going to be weird seeing them without Gary at their show with King Diamond in November, but I know I'll be seeing them headlining sometime in the future, with Gary.

Exodus with Gary no longer in the band wouldn't make sense. The other guys have other options. Lee would go back to Heathen. Heathen hasn't played locally in two years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:47 pm 
A.W.O.L.

Basic Moderator- I mentioned to my wife that the new slayer CD drops on 9/11. She asks if I'm going to buy it. I say of course, Gary Holt's on it. :? :D

Gary's in Slayer now. Nobody likes change or wants to hear that but it's true. The exodus he created will live on without him if it comes to that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 pm 
Pillager
 WWW  Profile

Gary is committed to touring with Slayer and they also have a new album to promote. Why is he going to turn around a month or so after the release of Repentless and say to KK and Tom "Sorry guys but Exodus have the chance to support King Diamond and so i'm ditching you for a couple of months to go a play in toilet sized venue's across the States."...it's never going to happen.

Slayer will have windows of no touring and i'm sure Gary will want to play shows with 'his baby' during this time. Just to keep the doubters at bay.

In the meantime let the guy enjoy a bit of the high life.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:27 am 
Warlord

^^ Well said.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:59 pm 
A.W.O.L.

So what's everyone think of "Repentless" CD? I think it has a few good tracks, but some songs are just crap. I only recognized 2 solos as being Gary and they sound like recycled riffs. All the rest of the solos sound like Kerry. I give the CD a 6/10.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:53 am 
.44 Magnum Opus

I Think its really awesome. The production is one of the best Slayer has ever had. When i listen to "Repentless" i feel that each track have its own character, not really any "i have Heard that already" moments. The tracklist is very good since it mixes the fast tracks with the slower tracks really good. Best track is for sure "You Against You" (The guitar solo's on this track is ripping). Least favorite track is "When the Stillness Comes", the single version was worse though :)

I would give it a strong 8.5/10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:30 pm 
A.W.O.L.

After listening to the CD on proper headphones, I change my rating from 6/10 to 8/10. Bostaph is a beast, but... Lombardo is 25 percent of Slayer's sound and the undisputed king of thrash drumming, they should have paid him what he was worth. Gary's one day noodling in the studio to record his solos sounds like riffs I've heard him play before.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:28 am 
the administrator

Did anyone from here go to this?

http://www.motorheadcruise.com/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:02 am 
And Then There Were None

SHKM wrote:
After listening to the CD on proper headphones, I change my rating from 6/10 to 8/10. Bostaph is a beast, but... Lombardo is 25 percent of Slayer's sound and the undisputed king of thrash drumming, they should have paid him what he was worth. Gary's one day noodling in the studio to record his solos sounds like riffs I've heard him play before.

Some of the lyrics are still pretty middle of the road (Title track and Vices), but having said that (and considering all the turmoil) I think it's the best thing they have released since Seasons (not counting Undisputed).

And, hum, is Kerry still playing all the rhythm guitars?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22