The Official EXODUS Forum

THE BONDED BY BLOOD CULT
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Rob Dukes slams former band
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:57 am 
A.W.O.L.

Quote:
Asked by Painful Pleasures if he has any new thoughts on his dismissal from EXODUS now that a year and a half has passed since his exit, Dukes said: "Fuck those douchebags. I never have to talk to them again...or their managers, and that's such a good thing. It's like I cut a cancer out of my life. "
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-exo ... 36DHUF7.99

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-exodus-singer-rob-dukes-on-his-former-bandmates-fk-those-douchebags/

Post subject: Re: Rob Dukes slams former band
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:35 am 
And Then There Were None

Not the biggest Dukes fan around, so perhaps I'm biased but the dude should really be thankful that he got the opportunity to front Exodus for almost a decade.

Just return the keys to the car you drove and say thank you very much.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:53 am 
A.W.O.L.

DeadyDickGobbler - I agree. Rob should just shut up and make new music with his band Generation Kill. That would be the ultimate revenge. He has a music career(thanks to Gary), a record deal and his own band that can tour with other 2nd and 3rd level metal bands if he wanted to. Instead he cries about Exodus and makes music with crapper Run DMC. Who's he calling a douchbag??? lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:22 am 
And Then There Were None

He was pretty delicate last year when he first spoke about the situation. Guess he changed his mind. He seems to be alright with Rick though.

PS: DeadlyDickGobbler was actually one of my top choices, just behind GargoyleBalls and FunholeFunhouse. Decided to stick with the one I have.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:33 am 
Deliver Us To Evil

DeadlyDonuts wrote:
PS: DeadlyDickGobbler was actually one of my top choices, just behind GargoyleBalls and FunholeFunhouse. Decided to stick with the one I have.

Bruce Jenner?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:50 am 
And Then There Were None

Blitzkrieger wrote:
DeadlyDonuts wrote:

Bruce Jenner?

Well, I did decide to stick with the one I have!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:24 am 
And Then There Were None

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-exodus-singer-rob-dukes-says-there-was-no-passion-in-bands-music-prior-to-his-exit/

Dukes speaks again...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:09 am 
Pillager
 WWW  Profile

It's such a shame Rob feels the need to bash Exodus in such a way. They gave the guy his break whilst at the same time what he gave the band and us the fans in the shape of three killer albums should be treasured moments, not one's of bitterness and anger.

I guess Rob feels aggrieved at the way he was dismissed but as someone else as mentioned, channel all that energy into music and bring something killer out. Although the prospect on a new G-Kill album with DMC on it does fuck all for me.

Also to dismiss the material on Blood In, Blood Out is pathetic. It's a great album and one that for me is a great combination of new and old Exodus which either Rob or Zet could have sung on.

I'm glad though that Gary, Tom, Lee and Jack have been classy since Rob's firing and kept things in-house. Heck even Zet has complimented the stuff Dukes did with the band.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:10 pm 
Deliver Us To Evil

Dooks should just shut the fuck up already! Gary did your nobody ass a fucking favor by allowing you to disgrace 4 albums with your fucktardness.
Go shit your shorts on stage with G-kill and kick your turds on those fans.
Go blow your snot rockets that you hacked up out of your fat fucking head on those fans.
Go fuck off elsewhere and be a sobbing little attention whore over there, where nobody fucking cares!
You are the douche!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:26 pm 
Toxic Waltz

This really sucks. I'm a fairly big Dukes fan, so seeing him all of a sudden talking major shit on Exodus disappoints me. He always seemed to be incredibly grateful that he was given the opportunity to sing for them, and him just now speaking like it was a negative experience really sucks. Though if what he said about his opinion on BIBO is true and not him letting his anger speak, then Lee and Gary's interpretation of his performance (sounding really bored and not into it) is correct.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:32 am 
A.W.O.L.

He could hit the road with his own band and showcase Exodus songs. Call it the "Rob Dukes Exodus Experience - featuring regurgitated shit".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:59 am 
Warlord

^^ haha

Dukes has been great in Exodus, this interview won't change that. But yeah, he could be a bit more greatful, he wouldn't even have the opportunity to form G-Kill if it wasn't for Exodus, and no one would definitely talk about that band if it wasn't for the fact that Dukes sang in Exodus.. Exodus took back old singers twice in the past, both Baloff in the 90ties and then Zetro came back as well, so it should be that surprising that it happened a third time.. Gary is a perfectionist, which is a good thing, Dukes didn't bring his best performance to the table when the first album in a lot of years was released, then someone else gets a shot instead..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:45 pm 
And Then There Were None

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rob-dukes-says-testaments-chuck-billy-is-at-least-partly-responsible-for-getting-him-fired-from-exodus/

At the risk of sounding redundant, here's round III.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:43 am 
Warlord

More than 2 years after Rob's departure, Chuck Billy has weighed in with his viewpoint:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/testam ... om-exodus/

Not sure why he waited this long to speak out but there are some interesting revelations from him in the article.

Ted