The Official EXODUS Forum

THE BONDED BY BLOOD CULT
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Exodus Announces New Album Title!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:07 pm 
A.W.O.L.

^^ English only please. :P I read that Norway and Sweden are having a baby boom.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:16 am 
Warlord

Northern-Blasphemer wrote:
The Joker wrote:
^^ stick to your norwegian death metal then.. :P

Sier svensken!? :P HAHA!

We have better metal bands in Sweden IMO.. Haunted, Meshuggah, Entombed just to mention a few..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:23 am 
Toxic Waltz
 WWW  Profile

The Joker wrote:
The Joker wrote:
^^ stick to your norwegian death metal then.. :P

Sier svensken!? :P HAHA!

We have better metal bands in Sweden IMO.. Haunted, Meshuggah, Entombed just to mention a few..

Satyricon, Blood Red Throne, Immortal, Emperor, Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:57 am 
Warlord

^^ I don't listen to extreme death/black metal where you cannot hear what the fuck they're saying.. speed/thrash metal and some early death is what's best.. and Dimmu Borgir is the most overrated band ever, it's only lost 14-year olds who listens to that shit.. I would rather listen to my own singing voice *lol*.. Mayhem was formed by a bunch of insane mentally ill murderers, I would never support such a band..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:38 am 
Toxic Waltz
 WWW  Profile

The Joker wrote:
^^ I don't listen to extreme death/black metal where you cannot hear what the fuck they're saying.. speed/thrash metal and some early death is what's best.. and Dimmu Borgir is the most overrated band ever, it's only lost 14-year olds who listens to that shit.. I would rather listen to my own singing voice *lol*.. Mayhem was formed by a bunch of insane mentally ill murderers, I would never support such a band..

I understand every word they sing, no problem.
Yes, Dimmu Borgir is overrated - BUT - They did what other Blackmetal bands did not. They reached a commercial high like no other. Satyricon made the top charts back in 2002, with several awards and shit like that.

Mayhem? Fuck 'em. I dont even like them. But the world sure does.
Norwegian blackmetal are known all over the world and keeps selling records all over the globe. I think its facinating that so many people from so different cultures find OUR music so god damn interesting.
Hell - There are people in fuckin' Italy and Spain taking classes in Norwegian just to be able to understand the lyrics.

THAT sure as hell deserves some kudos. Its great that a subgenre created here in the early 90's by a relative small group of people can reach millions of people - And still go strong 20 years later.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:45 pm 
Warlord

^^ yeah, you're right about that, of course it's good if norway is known for other stuff than the oil.. and it would be more fun if sweden were famous for other bands than ABBA and fuckin Ace of Base.. even though In flames and Opeth for example are quite big bands..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:09 pm 
Toxic Waltz
 WWW  Profile

The Joker wrote:
^^ yeah, you're right about that, of course it's good if norway is known for other stuff than the oil.. and it would be more fun if sweden were famous for other bands than ABBA and fuckin Ace of Base.. even though In flames and Opeth for example are quite big bands..

WHO THE FUCK even remembers Ace Of Base anyway?
Opeth and In Flames are huge around the world...Great bands. Dont like 'em myself though, but good musicians.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:46 pm 
A.W.O.L.

Metal knows no borders. I judge bands based on my personal taste, not the country they come from. American metal music is great, but the metal scene in Europe rules.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:52 pm 
Warlord

The Joker wrote:

Opeth and In Flames are huge around the world...Great bands. Dont like 'em myself though, but good musicians.

yeah, I agree.. Opeth do have some good moments, but I've never understood the hype of In Flames..

and SHKM, N. America is best when it comes to producing metal bands, but when it comes to classic hard rock then there are other countries that are ahead imo..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:00 pm 
Whipping Queen

The Joker wrote:

Back when I was a kid, growing up, I used to hear a lot of Ace Of Base playing on the radio, but they only played two of their most popular songs at the time. It was strange.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:38 pm 
A Lesson In Violence

ED24 wrote:
The Joker wrote:

Back when I was a kid, growing up, I used to hear a lot of Ace Of Base playing on the radio, but they only played two of their most popular songs at the time. It was strange.

lmao ace of base. i remember that shit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:49 pm 
And Then There Were None

The thumbnail on the Exodus YouTube channel is the new cover I'm assuming but is there a larger photo of it?